Phases of the design services
- Schematic design - defining the purpose of the project, the input data, the viable technical solutions, selecting the best solution, scaling the HVAC system according to the client’s requirements and to the design and execution standards. Establishing the phases of the working schedule, the individual responsibilities etc.
- Design development - technical brief, calculation abstract, HVAC system’s execution plans, tender books, reviewed by authorized personnel, for the providers and collaborators.
- Construction document - includes all execution details that are necessary for constructing and implementing the HVAC project, for operating the HVAC system, for HVAC system dry and live trials, in order for the contract agreed working parameters to be satisfied.
- Construction - the design engineers will be present on the construction site whenever the construction phases demand it. They also take part in construction inspections and certify that the execution is in compliance with the HVAC project.
- Closeout - participates together with the client during the HVAC system’s start-up according to ASA procedures, ensures that the client’s operating personnel received a proper training, supervises the system during the 72 hours of continuous running trial .
- Classification of projects regarding the energetic efficiency of the constructions (Law no. 372/2005)
- Thermal resistance inspection of building elements used in creating the building envelopment
- Elaboration of the feasibility study concerning the usage of alternative energy sources in HVAC projects – heating, ventilation, air conditioning and hot water
- Technical analysis of the execution project and elaboration of the energetic performance certificate for the construction and its installations
Miscellaneous consulting services
- Pre-feasibility study for HVAC installations.
- Feasibility study for HVAC installations.
- Tender books for HVAC installations.
- Calculation of the ground heat exchanger for HVAC geothermal heat pumps systems – Geoexchange (Ground Loop Design software – Gaia Geothermal USA).
- Thermal conductivity tests of geological formations for geoexchange applications (GeoLoop – USA equipment and software).
- “Turn-key” Direct Digital Control (DDC) automation projects for HVAC installations (ASI Controls – USA equipment and software).
Design services fees
- New constructions – ASA fee – percentage from the total value of the investment for the HVAC system, percentage assessed on the construction complexity of the HVAC system needed.
- Existing constructions – the fee will be negotiated with the client based on the construction complexity of the HVAC system needed.
- Duplicate constructions – for the first construction the ASA fee for new constructions is applied, for the next identical construction/s the design fee will be of only 40% of the first one.
- The ASA fee will suffer changes in one of the following situations:
• Unusual construction location;
• Unique technical issues that require extensive labor and supplementary consultancy ;
• Unusually alert or slow pace of work required by the client;
• Other special circumstances;
• The distance between ASA headquarters and the client’s location;
• Under 50 km – the transport costs are covered by ASA Holding;
• 50 - 200 km – a lump sum will be added to the ASA fee; the lump sum will be negotiated with the client and will cover correctly and transparently both the transport costs and the daily subsistence for the HVAC Geoexchange system’s design engineers.
• Over 200 km – besides the ASA fee transport costs are added – car, plane, 1st class train – accommodation at a 3 or more stars hotel and a 15 Euro daily subsistence for every design engineer. The reimbursement will be based on written documents legally accepted by the national legislation.